CrossFit Creature Travel Program
Before you start...
listen to our advice on how to
adopt the right mindset whilst training and travelling - here
Before you leave, borrow a TRX.
For a highly accessible sample training program, Click here.
For a more detailed program description and exercise-demonstration videos, keep scrolling.
Make sure you read the safety waiver below first!
1. Understand the format.
Pick one exercise from each section to perform on a given day.
Week 1: perform each exercise for 3 sets of 8 repetitions,
Week 2: 3 sets of 10 repetitions
Week 3: 3 sets of 12 repetitions
Week 4: go back to the 3x8 with a heavier weight, or slower tempo, or progress to a more challenging variation of this exercise.
If the exercise is becoming easy, make it more challenging by adding a slower negative tempo (ie. the lowering phase).
Some of the exercises listed below require Dumbbells, Kettlebells or machines, but if not available then choose the body weight options.
2. Pick the exercises
Walking Lunge (Optional use of dumbbells) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8fvypPrzzs
Rear foot elevated on bench split squat (Optional use of dumbbells) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm6AOhAN-WM
Step up on bench/box - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_zz2eBja04
KB Goblet Squat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45dZiT5tSD8
TRX Pistol Squat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9jZnbNG7Q
Push up (can elevate hands on box/bench to maintain correct technique)
Handstand push-ups/negatives (ie. lowering)/holds against wall
Wall climbs aka Wall Walks
Dumbbell bench press - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-m5wkXJhPU
Dumbbell standing overhead press - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZetIQ43ol8
Single-arm on bench Dumbbell row - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgpQ4-jHiq4
Cable pull-down - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBehgGkRt0
Seated cable row - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ0r6iYcLwo
Pullups or Chin over bar hold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwmnb_bHuc
Band Pull-apart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lQdu_U4AAI
Face-down lying Pass-through with band - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAW5sTVtSi0
Blackburns and S-Waves. Slow and controlled! At least 30 seconds per set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjZRqLXMR0 Exercises shown at 1:48
Cardio - Options include exercise bike, eliptical, treadmill, hill sprint, skipping. Total 5-30 mins
Tabata (20 on/10 off)
30 seconds on/30 off
Steady state for 5-40 mins
1 minute on/1 minute.
2 minutes on/2 minutes off
EMOM. Pick 1-3 exercises and perform them every minute on the minute for 5-15mins
eg. 12 min EMOM
Min 1: 5 Burpees
Min 2: 10 Sit Ups
Min 3: 15 Air-Squats
A good form of progression is to maintain the same pace for a set work interval, and to reduce
the rest time over the weeks. Eg. Week 1: 5 rounds of 2 minutes on/2 off, then Week 2: 2 minutes on, 90
seconds off, week 3: 2 minutes on/1 minute off.
Depending on the exercise, “off” can be either a complete rest or low-intensity (eg. light pedalling on exercise bike)
3. Stay Safe on your Holiday and READ the following below
Injuries on holidays are no Fun! Remember the number one rule is to avoid injury and be careful with new equipment or anything you take with you.
Please read the following below and keep in mind that everything on this page are merely ideas you can use while your travelling, not an exercise prescription.
1. In consideration of attaining ideas of activities and workouts that can be performed on this email, in person or elsewhere from CrossFit Creature or one of its employees, I do hereby forever waive, release and discharge CrossFit Creature and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, executors and all others acting on their behalf from any and all claims or liabilities for injuries or damages to my person and/or property, including those caused by the negligent act or omission of any of those mentioned or others acting on their behalf, arising out of or connected with my participation in any activities, workouts, programs or services suggested OR the use of any equipment at various sites, including home or whilst travelling, provided by and/or recommended by CrossFit Creature.
2. I have been informed of, understand and am aware that strength, flexibility and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment, is a potentially hazardous activity. I also have been informed of, understand and am aware that fitness activities involve a risk of injury, including a remote risk of death or serious disability, and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and machinery with full knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death.
3. I do hereby further declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity or other illness that would prevent my participation in these activities or use of equipment or machinery. I do hereby acknowledge that I have been informed of the need for a physician’s approval for my participation in the exercise activities, programs and use of exercise equipment.
I hereby assume all responsibility for my participation in said activities, programs and use of equipment.
4. I understand that CrossFit Creature providing and maintaining an exercise/fitness program for me does not constitute an acknowledgment, representation or indication of my physiological well-being or a medical opinion relating thereto.